Saturday, April 19, 2014

'Sea is calling me'- mixed media wall ornament

Hello Arty Souls!!!

Mixed media wall ornament is  my second project for April. This time I decided to combine art products from the Kit and Air Dry Clay. I will describe how to use stamps with clay to add even more dimension to your projects :)Enjoy!!!!






Products used:

I used a piece of cardboard as a base for the project. I love up-cycling different materials.



I pierced two little holes for hanging and adhere pieces of paper by Graphic 45.


Than I added a little bit of paint to give the background more arty look.



I used distress ink pad to distress the edges as I aimed for a vintage look :)




I glued the fish net...



And now the fun part with clay:) 
I rolled the piece of clay and made it flat so I could cut the pieces of the boat out. And straight away I pressed the stamps into it. Than I left it to dry overnight...





When clay was dry, using my fingers, I gently rubbed the paint into clay. The trick is to rub it very gently so the paint won't go into the letters. Silks and acrylics work very well for this technique.
And of course I added some shells and pieces of coral (found on Coral Beach in Connemara).



To make my boat  stand out, I added piece of vintage dictionary paper (to create some contrast)



I also added bamboo cord as a hanger.






I hope you enjoyed it!!!
xx

Sylwia

4 comments:

  1. OMG Sylvia ...this is just unbelievable .. it is just fantastic ...xx I could look at it forever .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. So much to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project ! Creative, interesting and inspirational. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice-I love your use of clay for extra interest :) x

    ReplyDelete