Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hidden Treasure - Mini Album

Hi everyone!! It's Sandie here today with the first project for the new Cardz 'n' Scrapz design team. This month we received the most fabulous Nautical themed kit to work with and I couldn't help but make a mini album from it. I also altered a wooden box to make a treasure chest to store the album in. 


The Supplies I've used are 
Mini Album:
Papers - Graphic 45 By the Sea 8x8 Collection
Cardstock - White, Blue, Yellow, Kraft & Dark Red
Stamps: Graphic 45 By The Sea #1
Blue & Natural Twine


Chest: 
Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Brads


I cut the album pages from heavy cardstock, and sized them @ 5.5" x 4" to fit inside the chest. On the top left corner I punched a hole, using the large side of the crop-a-dile, and added wide eyelets for the binder ring to feed through. 

The front cover has loads of dimension and texture. I cut the postage stamps from one of the papers, inked the edges and mounted them onto 3D foam dots. The Kaisercraft anchor is also popped up on foam. 


Inside there are pockets and pull out tags for extra photos and/or to journal on. 



I added some extra nautical metal charms. Love the fish net with the shells. 


On each of the tags I also punched a hole, with small side of the crop-a-dile, and added eyelets to thread the twine through


With these pages I wanted to show all of the papers so I left them pretty clean and simple. 



Here are some close-ups shots....









I stamped the starfish out with Mustard Seed distress ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing ink.




Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you enjoyed it. 
Sandie
xXx

7 comments:

  1. OMG .. Sandie ..Welcome to our design team and thank you for creating such a fantastic album and chest .these are just stunning , I love that starfish too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie ! Wonderful work ! So much details, great idea to create the album. Well done, I adore your work <3 Marta x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful album Sandie!!! Ready to be filled with holidays photos:)Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW!... beautiful album love the little box to keep it all in too... such beautiful detail Marta, this is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab mini album - so creative - love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such a soft spot for minis and this one is a beauty x

    ReplyDelete