Monday, April 28, 2014

Gone to the beach

Hello lovelies

Mandy back with a second project I created with the Graphic 45 “by the sea” collection.  I created this sign to hang up on days we hope to make it to the beach this coming summer, I can’t wait for those lovely days.


I started this sign by cutting a circle out of a sheet of cardboard.  I stripped back the top layer to expose the ridges.  I covered in random places with texture paste and painted over roughly with gesso.  I also went in with a Prima Dollie stencil and another bit of gesso.  I layered blue tone sprays over all of this,  allowing the ink to drip into the cracks. 




I created my lighthouse by curving a layer of paper from the 8” x 8” paper pad.  I painted the paper with a watered down white paint and embossed with a brick wall effect embossing folder.   I used some acetate and more paper to create the top of the light house.


I layered up cut images from the paper pack along with hand cut waves, ribbon, fishing net and some picket fence.  I also create 3 paper flowers using Sizzix Tattered Floral Die, using my paper scraps and finished with glitter.

Thank you so much for swinging by.  Looking forward to sharing next months projects with you.  I have included the video of the kit I will be playing with.


Take care,
Mandy

Ingredients:
Distress Glitter by Ranger.

Sea Shells.

Other Products : Clear Gems, White Fence, Paint and Gesso (from my stash)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Project! Great idea to use the cardboard:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and so much work went into it ..the lighthouse is fab . Thank you Mandy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your hanging sign Mandy! All the detail works so nice together :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Mandy <3 I love the flowers and the lighthouse !!! Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete