Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Little Mermaid- mixed media art piece by Sylwia

Hello Creative Souls!

This is my first project as a part of the Design Team for Cardz' n 'Scrapz. And I am excited to share my projects with you!!! I will be showing  how to create different mixed media art pieces including different 3D elements:)

My first project for April is  'My Little Mermaid' painting on watercolor paper. I decided to alter it with different 3D elements and frame it with a shadow box type frame.




Products used:
- Acrylic paints and silks 


The kit I used for this project:


I painted a background on mixed media paper using acrylics, silks and I also added some pieces of collage paper (little heart)


 I painted my mermaid :)


To add more texture to the background,  I scratched into wet paint




I added stamps and pieces of paper by Graphic 45


This is how I draw the face. Closed eyes are easier to draw and give the face that dreamy look, which I love :)



I decided to add a little bit of color to anchor, shells and fish net


I altered my painting with anchor, shells and fish net


To adhere the 3D elements I used gel medium.



And I framed it with a shadow box frame:)



I hope you enjoyed it. See you soon!!!xx


Sylwia

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to our Design Team Sylwia , TThank you so much this project is absolutely beautiful , we love it ,and your detailed instructions are so inspiring .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation, love your creative process, thank you for sharing your cute mermaid xx Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute canvas. I love all the elements on here. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful canvas - I could look at it all day its got such interesting details on it - fab !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually hadn't spotted this before today-it's gorgeous I love your little mermaid :)

    ReplyDelete