Monday, May 12, 2014

Suitcase and Album Project

Hello lovelies,

Mandy here with my first project for May.  I created this little mini suitcase and album with the lovely goodies we received.



I started by making my suitcase with a template of a box I recycled off a cable.  I drew around the box onto the lovely paper from Tim Holtz, Advantas and cut this out and scored.  All edges were then inked with brown ink.  I added washi tape to reinforce folds and added lace to decorate.  I created the handle from grunge paper.  The outside of the suitcase, started with a layer of texture paste and brick wall effect stencil to create a base.  The rest of the front was decorated with rectangles of paper cut from the paper pack, Tim Holtz grunge board hinges, Prima canvas leaves, Prima flowers, Prima resin cherub and grid chipboard, sprayed with glimmer mist.



The album was made with chipboard pieces I cut out.  The cover and back piece measured 5 1/4" x 2 3/4", the middle measures 3/4" x 2 3/4".  I covered the album covers with paper and decorated with the chipboard grid, wooden clock face, metal embellishments and I had a play with different embossing powders to achieve the metal effect on the clock face.


The inserts for the album are strips of cardstock covered in the patterned paper.  These strips measure 2 1/2" x 10", scored in the middle at 5" on the long side to give it's fold.  I made 3 signatures of two pages pages each and attached to the album with twine and a needle.  The twine ends are finished with metal effect buttons, by Papermania.

I have created a video here so that you see more detail of this project and see how it opens and looks.

I enjoyed creating this for you, I hope it inspires.  I am looking forward to sharing more projects with you this month too!  Take care, hugs Mandyxx

The beautiful kit

Ingredients:  12" x 12" Advantas Paper Pad by Tim Holtz, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Caper Green, Prima Resin Embellishment, Chipboard Grid, Prima Chalk InkDistress Ink Pad in Gathered Twigs, Prima Wooden Pieces, Embossing Powders, Papermania Faux Metal Buttons, Tim Holtz Embellishments, Prima Flowers, Lace and Green Twine.

4 comments:

  1. Wow .. Mandy , thank you this is only breathtaking .., there was a lot of detailed work there and it is just magic .Great video too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Mandy!!! Love the idea of the suitcase and all the details!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ! How stunning project that it. So much details, lots embellisments and wonderful colour mix. You definately put a lot of heart there girl and you rocked it ! So much well done, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this album!!! It's fab-love the video too x

    ReplyDelete