Monday, September 1, 2014

Every Princess...

Hi! It's Sandie here with the first post featuring our September DT kit, and today I am sharing a mixed media canvas. 
I covered a 6x8" slim canvas with Bo Bunny's Enchanted Garden papers and whitewashed them with a layer of watered down gesso. I dried it quickly with my heat gun before adding some butterflies with the Prima Butterflies stencil and modeling paste. I then added a kraft doily and gave the whole canvas another layer of gesso
I then used some spray inks to add colour. 
I drew some hills with a black paint Sharpie and shaded them with Gelatos - adding some little toadstools with a stamp I had in my stash. 
The house is made from card. I covered the bottom piece with tissue paper and drew the door and windows. Then I used gelatos to colour it all. The title is made up from various different stamp sets - Stampendous Small Typewriter clear stampsUrban Stamps Typewriter & Bo Bunny Upper Case wooden stamps.
I added some stars and then applied Emperor's gold Silks to a few of the butterflies, the sentiment and the stars. Finally, I applied some liquid pearls around the canvas. 
Products Used:
Slim Canvas
Bo Bunny - Enchanted Garden 6x6" paper pad
Gesso, Mod Podge, Modeling Paste

Have a fabulous day!!
Sandie
xxx

2 comments: