Saturday, January 4, 2014

Gelatos- my new love :)

Hi guys :)
Today I want to show you three tags I made with something completely new for me- Faber-Castell Gelatos. I was amazed with them. Creamy smooth, fabulous colours, versatile... the list is endless! They mix and blend easily. It's easy to create watercolor effects just by spraying with some water. You can even stamp with them! My new favourite medium :)


 This tag I covered with lace and add some texture with Light modelling paste and Prima Stencil "Lattice". Using Heavy Gel Medium I glued Prima metal flower and Prima Faucet Wheels  then covered everything with a thick layer of gesso. I cut out small piece from each stick and mixed it with water- to make lovely paint which I used to colour my tag and white seam binding ribbon. I add three Epoxy Dots and put some more intensive colour all around them to make them pop.



 This tag has more intensive colours. I used the same Prima stencil and modelling paste to create the background texture. On the middle I glued some creased tissue paper and covered everything with gesso again ;) Then I randomly put thick layer of each Gelato colour on different parts of tag. I sprayed it with water and used my finger to blend the colours :) I then put some Gelatos directly on Kaisercraft Texture Chicken Wire stamp and stamped the tag. Then I used another Kaisercraft stamp- Lattice with black Archival Ink. 




 The last one I made with paper strips glued randomly, Prima Checker stencil and covered everything with gesso (this is why I always buy big gesso ;)). On two opposite corners I put some thick layers of colours, then I sprayed them with water and blew a little to spread the colour. After that I quickly dry my tag with a heat tool. Again I used Gelatos with Kaisercraft stamps- Chicken Wire and Edges. Then I glued lovely bottle caps Alphabet with Epoxy Dots using Heavy Gel Medium. I added some doodling using a Faber-Castell Finepen.



I hope you will share my love with Gelatos ;)


5 comments:

  1. I have recently found gelatos and am in love too! Gorgeous tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags, love the textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ..these are fabulous tags ..love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just so gorgeous-can't wait to play with the gelatos!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tags, still have not tried gelatos, but loving all the projects made with them.

    ReplyDelete